Wednesday 22 April 2020

Skin Life Savers - Current Skin and Body Favourites



Hey Loves!

You probably would know by now the possible extension of the #stayhome till 1 June. That just means that kids will be home for the June holidays and by the time school comes to it's last term, it'll probably feel like 2020 has come to an end.

Would you believe or anticipated this year to be written by Stephen King? The first of it's kind for our generation, the first week into it was tough. At the half-way mark, I have managed to get a grip and savor the time that has been forcefully handed over to us.

We never had time, once and now all we have is time. Time for our families, for personal growth, time for the things that we have been putting off; for the longest time ever. The time is now..

Being a Blogger means I test out a lot of products and I mean A LOT! It was only till now that I sat down and categorize them in order and designate a special place to house all of these products. I was putting this off for a long while, one day in the past few weeks. I just sat down and sat an hour or two aside and kept away all of them. It was that simple, no clue why I didn't do it any sooner.

With all the constant hand-washing to amp up our personal hygiene, the tops of my hands were feeling dry and itchy. The Body Shop's British Rose Hand cream is my go to whenever a bit of stretch is felt right after washing. The nice scent on this hand cream is an added bonus, love the light weight feel of this range, weightless and absorbs into the skin in seconds.

As we are dipping into hotter months ahead, my hair has been taking quite a beating too with the coupled humidity too! I had high hopes for this much raved hair product from India as I've heard much good reviews on this hair product; it's the Kama Ayurveda Intensive Hair Treatment. This is a must-have hair product, if you happen to suffer from body heat, hair fall, dandruff and a whole list of other common hair and scalp concerns. This is one wonder product that I will continue build strong ties with.

Hotter days can also mean excess shine on the face. To keep the oils under control and acne from surfacing, I turn to my trust affordable Drugstore Face Mask; Himalayas Herbal Neem Face Pack for Normal to Oily Skin. You could spot mask specifically for your T-zone if more oils starts showing up there. It unclogs the pores and keeps the skin matte for about two to three days before needing to reach for it again. I would use this twice weekly and I love the price tag on this face mask.

Another fancy Indian face product, I reach out for days when I am feeling my ethnicity is Kama Ayurveda Haldi Chandan Brightening Face Pack, I love how the packaging is with it's wooden spatula. The only down side is though, I wish it came with a small or a tiny mixing bowl for the ingredients, you take the recommended amount and mix it up with either yoghurt or milk to form a semi-liquid like mixture before topical application. Any left-overs, I would use it on the back of my hands, knees and elbows. I want an overall even brightness and with weekly uses, I have noticed a significant lightened areas. Thrilled at this and staying home for now!

St. Ives Energizing Coconut & Coffee Scrub is a handy scrub to keep the skin looking fresh and squeaky clean for warmer days or hot shorts. You decide, I won't judge! I like to use the scrub right after shaving my legs so that it gives a smoother appearance as I drench it with a good marinade of body butter.

The Body Shop's Oils of Life is a multi-tasking product, I love how it hydrates the perimeters of my face while also adding a quick touch of moisture for my knee and elbows before bedtime. I sometimes try to get fancy with my night time skincare routine, slip into a pair of cotton pyjamas and get a guasha tool and massage this oil onto my clean face before adding a night time moisturizer as my last step.

I hope our staying home together efforts will bring about better days. Believe me when I say that I miss my coffee dates and patisserie runs, I use to plan out meetings so that cafes and bake shops are always within reach for a cookie or a macaroon. I miss this and surprisingly am managing somewhat fine without it, too! How'bt you?


Stay Safe, Loves!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig