Friday 24 April 2020

FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF THE VIOLETS, JUVIA'S PLACE



Hey Guys!

Today is going to be a First Impressions post on The Violets by Juvia's Place, I have been on a hunt for a purple toned eye shadow palette for no reason! I am a die hard fan of a neutral eye shadow eyes and lips, I hardly venture out into color for my eyes!

This year, I had thought of dipping my feet into colored eye shadow, just out of curiosity! I own an all blue toned eye shadow palette and have quite enjoyed playing with it. I have a blue eye look tutorial under one minute on my Instagram page, do go check it out!

Just like that, I wanted to experiment another cool toned this time, purple eye shadow palette. What I did not want was another palette from the same brand as my blue shadow. It was during my search, I had chanced upon Juvia's place violet palette, it caught my interest!




It comes in a regular cardboard palette packaging, very reminiscent of another popular eye shadow brand, Colourpop! I wish there was a mirror of some size in the palette to make the color placement easier without having to hold onto a separate mirror while dipping my eye brushes for doubles into the palette. That's the only set back for me with this palette.

The pigmentation is fairly good, a lot better with the deeper darker shades from this six pan palette. There are two matte shadows on the extreme right, the lighter shade of the two took a while to build my desired intensity on the lid. With patience, packing and blending, the opacity was build-able.

This palette is priced at SGD 40.00 while delivery charges range depending on your requirement. The quality overall is actually not at all bad, I like the generous pan size on this palette. They are a lot bigger than some of what is in the market.

If you are not a Makeup Artiste looking to build your makeup kit and are a beginner to colored eye shadows, you can safely reach out for this before investing in higher priced eye shadows and palettes. These are great for beginners especially if you are not quite sure what are the complimenting colors, all you need is this palette.

A good choice of two transitions, four other shimmer/sheen finishes of the same color or story. It takes the guess work out if you don't know what shade to layer for the main lid, crease, transition and inner corner and spot highlight. 

Let me know how you like it! Also Stay Home, Stay Safe!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig