Tuesday 5 May 2020

MY FAVOURITE MAC LIPPIES



Why haven't I written a blog post on my favorite M.A.C bullet lipsticks? No idea, I use them regularly too and it never slipped my mind until someone asked if I do own M.A.C lipsticks.

I own four matte shades in Diva, Velvet Teddy, Whirl and Mehr. One more bullet lippie called Brave in Satin finish, I love how Brave and Mehr are so similar in shades and intensity just a tiniest hairline difference between them.


M.A.C's Brave lends the 'My Lips but Healthier' hue to the lips with it's satin finish. Unlike the matte formulas, this has a glide on the lips and adds a slight healthy finish. It does transfer just a touch.




M.A.C's Velvet Teddy is often sold out and for a good reason, all shades that I own are neutral friendly across different complexions and undertone. This shade is that mid-toned warm brown that has a slight peach undertone in it.

On it's own without a lip liner in a darker hue does wash me out as I have lots of yellow and golden-ish undertone in my complexion. M.A.C's Absolutely It is a lovely lip liner to own and NYX Suede Lip liner in Los Angeles (a lot cooler) can also switch up the look of the lip colour differently.



M.A.C's Whirl is the classic 90's cool grey brown that most of us grew up watching on TV and magazine covers. A colour that I sometimes reach for an ombre lip combo to add a peach shade just to the middle of the lips for that 3D dimensional lip.


The rest of the three other shades are distinctly different from one another. Diva is the darkest of them all, it's that vampy deep wine shade of maroon that will work best for most Indian complexions, I feel.

A word of caution though with the matte finishes, these formulas do tend to tug on the lips. Sometimes depending on how much use they're exposed to air, it could feel like dragging a chalk against your lips.

Hence, a good prep of exfoliation combined with a nice deep hydrating lip balm will lend a comfortable finish with the matte formulas.

That's it for today's blog post, I hope you're keeping safe and snug in the comfort of your home!


Stay Safe!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig