Friday 26 March 2021

GUCCI BEAUTY LIPSTICKS, THE PAINTED VEIL AND DIANA AMBER REVIEW



Firstly, the Gucci packaging is simply luxurious and the lipsticks have a weight to them, they are such a pretty sight at my vanity table. Plus, they are from Gucci Beauty! What's not to love?

I knew I have to get my hands on these, soonest possible. I reached for the two shades of the lot and they are; The Painted Veil and Diana Amber

I got mine from Takashimaya S C however these lipsticks and Gucci Beauty is now available at Sephora online and in stores (only at their flagship outlets)


I got them as soon as they launched in Singapore as early as June or July in 2020, I believe after the Circuit Breaker phase (so much time spent at home) I had to have something new, you get me?

The two shades that I contemplated to pick up lends a natural finish with one coat and a gloss like finish from the second coat. It gets tricky from here as movement on the lips gets visible and a challenge. I do need to remove the excess with a tissue, pressing it in between the lips and lightly dust it with a loose powder.

Diana Amber when swatch-ed on the back of my hand, this shade lean towards an in between a berry and pink tones with a slight touch of cool.



Both the lipstick do tend to wear longer on the lips without too much transfer when the lips are lined with a lipliner and I feel it's best for mask free days as there is some natural sheen on the lips. Why hide that under a mask?

The shade 'Painted Veil' did not capture my interest at first with it's colour from inside the lipstick. It's a nice touch of coral, hint of pink, a slight brown undertone, mostly leaning towards a warmer lip colour. It looks like; my lips at a elevated level of sophistication. 

This finish too is sheer, with a natural appearance and that's what I like about it. That traditional balm-y feel on the lips, not overtly drying. My appreciation for sheer lipsticks are all for now with the current dry, chill-y windy weather.


If you're in search for a moisturizing lippie with a natural finish, you might like this sheer lipstick. I prefer to stop at two light coats or end with a sloppy uneven lip line as the texture does tend to move around a bit. A lip liner should do the trick, I enjoy lining the lips with legendary MUA Charlotte Tilbury's Lipliner in Pillow Talk Intense Lip Cheat, a dark intense brown shade.





It's a treat as work from home is coming to a quick end soon! Self-care is the best care if you ask me and it is indeed important! Treat yourselves right when you can and look out for flash deals or store discounts, be surprised! Again, if you are done with the bane of dry lips for liquid lipsticks.. You are bound to welcome a new glossy finish like these lipsticks.

I hope you liked my review on the Gucci Beauty Lipstick Review for the shades; The Painted Veil and Diana Amber! These lippies make a good choice for gifting your office besties and team mates too! A nice welcome back to the office gift!



Stay Safe

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig