Friday 21 September 2018

SUGAR CONTOUR DE FORCE FACE PALETTE REVIEW



May I share the excitement when I caught sight of Sugar Cosmetics Counter at the Lifestyle Store at Express Avenue, in Chennai? I was so psyched to see and swatch products I've been hearing for such a long time! Like finally, yass!

It was quite hard to contain the excitement as I glanced over Sugar's creme lipsticks, their crayon lip sticks and their face palettes, of course! The swatches on the face palette was so soft and smooth, with lovely color pay-off in a one swipe delivery.

I immediately had to pick this product up, despite the fact that I have a few more bronzing and highlighting palettes at home. I'm bringing this baby along with me, back to Singapore!


I was drawn to the Sugar Contour De Force palette in particular as it contains one blush shade too! If you know me, I don't use blush much as I tend to flush easily and with a blush on top.. The natural flush and the blush topped off, don't mesh well and doesn't look right on a hot Tuesday afternoon.

Hence, I haven't really come across a blush shade that is quite similar to my natural flush and so I have been just skipping it and go wild with the bronzers and highlights! 


The swatch on the back of my hand displayed a muted finish from this trio.
I believe this Sugar Contour De Force Face Palette in Subtle Summit retails for INR 799 (SGD 15.00), well within the drugstore price range under SGD 20.00. It is not often that I come across a great product with an affordable price tag.

The face palette comes in a purple cardboard packaging and a decent sized rectangle mirror with a highlight, a contour and a blush shade, which I was drawn to. Like it's name suggests, Subtle Summit is a subtle blend of a cool contour and a neutral mauve blush shade and a highlighter that I'll touch on, in just a bit.

This could potentially look stunning on fair and super pale complexions as these shades would show up with super opacity. The shades from this palette would look very subtle on a varied range of medium complexions like myself, the contour and blush shade on me are subtle and natural looking which I like for everyday wear.

The highlight shade from this palette though speaks a different story, it has a cool undertone icy finish that highly complements the two other shades. It's been well thought through with this unusual color combination for me, personally. If you ask me as I feel, that this palette could work for various complexions of different undertones.


I don't mind the cardboard packaging on this face palette perhaps this explains the price tag and it reminded me of the early beginnings of my initial introduction to makeup products when in Secondary School. Anyone feel me?


The swatches on my inner arm shows up with a slight stronger opacity of the colors as I have explained that the shades can work on a variety of medium complexions.


On my face, the shades assist with some health and color on the cheeks. Without them, my face could tend to look dull and plain/boring if you will.


Another thing to note is that the shades from this palette are a fool-proof on me, I can go heavy handed with the blush and contour shades and still not look overly done! Perhaps, it's due to it's neutral undertones yet I do have to keep an eye on the highlight shade that can wash me out if I go overboard!

The only two disadvantages are is that Sugar is not shipping outside of India and the contour shade may not be suitable for deeper complexions but the blush and highlight shades make up for it.

Overall, it's a great face palette with a friendly price tag! I give this palette a 3.5 out of 5 stars!

I hope you enjoyed my review on the Sugar Contour De Force Palette and I shall catch you very soon, in my next blog post!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig