Thursday 1 December 2016

BLANK CANVAS BOLD LIP TUTORIAL | THELEIAV

Whatsupp Guys? I know I know!! This post is long overdue:(

This week's post is on a makeup tutorial that has already gone live on my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV


 
This look was hugely inspired by the clean almost blank flawless canvas paired with a strong statement lip, popping up everywhere.

I had to try it out for myself and share my experience with you:) Let's quickly jump into the pic-torial..

For such a strong lip shade, exfoliation and well-moisturized lips is key. Prior to the tutorial, I had lightly exfoliated my lips and applied a thick rich lip balm to sink in while we deal with the rest of the face.

As usual, a primer goes on first before the rest of the makeup does.




To get a close match to my current shade, I mixed in two of my foundations. One is slightly ashy and the other is a little too yellow on its own but together they make a perfect match on me. After placing the foundation on, I used a beauty sponge to press the product into my skin.




My concealing routine has not changed, I am still using the L.A.Girl Pro.Conceal product to hide my undereye darkness.



To set everything in place, I went with a translucent pressed powder to lock it all in. This Rimmel Stay Matte Powder suffered a fall today and that was the end of it:(



I just had to or rather have to contour my face, the slightest bit. I felt it looked extra round on the day of this tutorial. I like thebalm's Bahama Mama Bronzer for it's neutral yellow undertone that doesn't show up on my skin while adding the slightest of shadows where I need the most chiselling.




If your eyelids get oily around mid-day, invest in a good eyelid primer. It helps to control the oils and helps to conceal any discolorations and veins from peeking through. There are plenty to choose from the market, take your pick.

The primer needs to be set, just like our foundation and concealer before we move onto applying colored shadows on top. This aids to blend out the shades better.


I used the same bronzer on my eyelids for a bit of crease definition.




For my eyebrows, I kept it simple and easy. Filling in the sparse areas and ran a gel through it to set it in place.

If you're interested to watch my eyebrow routine in-depth then click on the link, here





I chose to skip the eyeliner and went with tightlining my upper lash line. It can be tricky, it gets easier with loads of practice.



The eyes are kept fairly simple. To keep my eyes from looking sleepy, I've lined my lower water lines with a flesh toned kajal.




To finish up the eyes, I gave my upper and lower lashes two coats of mascara and we're almost done!!




I chose to line my lips with a liner close to my lip color of choice, this step is totally optional. For the bold statement lip shade, it had to be a liquid lipstick for it's opaque color pay-off and long wear.

I have on Kathleen Lights collaboration with OFRA Cosmetics in the shade, Havana Nights.

With this, the look is now complete!

I hope you enjoyed this week's blog post. Do head on over to my favorite place, the YouTube platform where I have a talk-thru video on this look.


Please Subscribe for more and stay updated for new content going up on my Beauty Channel, TheLeiaV!!

I will see you soon, in my next blog post.


Love,









♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥



Instagram: shanthiarumugam


Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam


Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan


Spotify: Shanaru6


Snapchat: shanaru6


Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig